Your Stay, Safe and Sound
At Grinkle Park Hotel we have kept ourselves busy over the past few months. We’ve made improvements to the hotel that we would normally struggle to do at this time of year.
Our refinements have ranged from sprucing up the stone entrance, to sanding down woodwork in both the reception and bar. This was, of course, followed by several coats of varnish. As we had the brushes out, a fresh lick of paint in the public areas followed.
We have been preparing Grinkle to make sure we are ready for your safe return . You will find that we have reconfigured some areas to ensure we achieve social distancing. Some practices have had to be altered or adapted and your help with them during your stay on them would be appreciated. However, our warm welcome, attention to details and great service continues.
We are here to ensure you enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon.
Thank you for booking with us.
OUR CLASSIC STAY SAFE AND SOUND STEPS AT A GLANCE
We are committed to delivering a clean and safe environment through specific processes and measures that are designed to make you feel confident during your stay with us and any Classic Lodges Hotel.
Hygiene – Staying Safe and Sound
Hygiene has always been at the heart of our hotels. However, we are taking even more steps so you can enjoy your stay with us.
- Sanitising stations in key locations of the public areas.
- Our disinfectant products are from Ecolab that are proven to be effective against Covid-19
- Increased cleaning of frequently in all public areas paying attention to high-touch areas.
- Ventilating public areas as much as possible to allow increased air circulation.
- Increased checks by Senior Management
- Work with Environmental Health Organisation (EHO) and others to develop best protocols and standards
Social Distancing – Mind The Gap
Let’s keep everyone safe by continuing to social distance.
- We now operate minimum touch check in/out system
- Our hotels have spacious ground floor footprints so we can facilitate indoor social distancing effectively
- We have protective screens at all reception desks
- Stairwells as an alternative to the lift to access your rooms
- Lifts should only be used by one person or guests known to each other only
Eat and Drink – Sit down, relax and let us come to you
Our restaurants, bars and lounges are open, but with social distancing in place.
- All our menus are also available to see online
- Regular cleaning throughout the day and after each use will take place along with overnight sanitising
- We are spacing tables and seating apart to provide the correct social distancing
- No breakfast buffets individually ordered continental and full breakfast.
- “Bagged To Go” breakfast is available for our corporate customers
- All orders will only be taken from your table or seating areas and not from the bar.
- All food and drink will be served to your table or seated area by a member of the team.
- For dinner we recommend that you pre-book your preferred time upon arrival.
- Afternoon Teas are currently unavailable for the moment.
Your Own Space – Sleep Well, Sleep Safe
We are deep cleaning each room after every stay in preparation for the next arrival.
- Each cleaned room will have an external door hanger signed by housekeeper to confirm your room is ready for you
- Each bedroom will be clean in all areas using approved materials and toughly vacuumed.
- Extra attention will be paid to high touch point areas such as switches, taps and surfaces.
- Tea tray utensils and glasses are all replaced with dishwasher cleaned items
Cashless Payments – Tap and Go
We are operating a cashless hotel currently
- We accept all major credit cards and debit cards
- We will charge your card on check in for the cost of your stay
- You will be charged any additional costs as consumed
About Grinkle Park
Set in acres of its own peaceful grounds, but within easy reach of Whitby, North East Coast and on the doorstep of the North Yorkshire Moors, Grinkle Park Hotel is the perfect spot for a relaxing break.
The North Yorkshire coastline is truly stunning with beautiful sight, made even better by the prospect of returning to the warmth and comfort of Grinkle Park.
Treat yourself to a short break to recharge those batteries whilst exploring the beautiful landscapes and magnificent views of North Yorkshire.
Things to do in Whitby and on the Moors
At Grinkle Park there is plenty to see and do. We’re situated in the midst of the North Yorkshire Moors with hiking adventures right at our doorstep.
Spend the day in Whitby and explore Whitby Abbey and Captain Cook’s Birthplace Museum. Take a trip on North Yorkshire Moors Railway for a great sight seeing experience.
Explore the coastal fishing villages of North Yorkshire, or visit Runswick Bay and the beautiful town of Staithes.